1) I love to travel. While the places I see are amazing, it is the people I love to meet. In fact most of my favorite travel stories involve the people I have met along the way.
2) For the first time in my life I don’t feel the need to be moving around all of the time. However, there is a nomadic spirit in me that often craves a new adventure. I know this is something that God has placed in me for a reason, I just have to work hard to discern His call on my life.
3) While I have many friends who know me well, I feel that there are only a select few that truly know my heart. I am the only one who can be blamed for this. I don’t often let people get that close.
4) My personality type is an “INFJ.” Apparently only a small percentage of the overall population share this personality type. So, I guess you could call me unique. I have actually attempted to retake this personality profile several times, (even though I feel that its description of me is spot on) and it always comes up the same. Here is the link to the personality profile description if you are curious. http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html
5) I am an odd mix of an introvert and an extrovert. While I LOVE being around people, I will feel completely exhausted after being in a large group for a whole day. Then, I crave my time alone, to recharge.
6) I am not a vegetarian, but I think that I could easily be one. I don’t eat much red meat. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good prime rib as much as the next person, but rarely does my body crave such things.
7) Sometimes, I feel stuck between two worlds. I love the city life; shows, parties, events… However, in the same breath I love the “realness” of a rural life. For that reason in my closet you will find my snowmobiling and cowboy boots, right next to my formal attire.
8 ) I have moments in my life where things seem to slow down… I take a deep breath, and I think , “this is significant… soak it in.”
9) While I love to sing, and even consider myself semi talented, I get terrible stage fright. However, this same thing does not happen to me when I speak. Speaking in front of a large group of people makes me feel alive.
10) Many of my dearest friends live hundreds if not thousands of miles away from me. It is funny how life does that. At one point we are all in similar community, and in the very next moment we are scattered.
11) I feel a deep sense of responsibility to be a good example and mentor to younger girls. It saddens me that there are so many lies out there that turn insecure girls in to completely dysfunctional women.
12) One of the most deeply impacting moments of my life was when I stepped out the back of the Forbidden City in China. In this place the castoffs from the community sit and beg for help. There are people missing limbs, young children who have been burned beyond recognition etc. How blessed we are as a nation.
13) I don’t just read the Bible, I dissect it. I want to understand the WHY and the HOW. I look up most of the words in their original text, and I also study the history surrounding the events taking place. (I know I am a nerd…)
14) I am not a career oriented person. In fact I really have no desire for a lifelong career.
15) My taste in music runs in extremes. I love many genres. I can enjoy classic rock one day and go to an opera or a symphony the next.
16) I stay TOO busy. I am working on that this year. While I feel that the activities I am involved with are positive and healthy, I also feel that I have too many of them. I have spent the first month of this year reassessing the reasons I am involved with the things I am. I am now working to recreate my schedule so that my activities carry a common thread.
17) I am working on changing my philosophy of time spent with people. I want to increase the overall QUALITY of that time together. I think I take for granted that there will be a next time and thus, time just becomes time. However, sometimes the next times don’t happen, or they become fewer and farther between. Then, I long for more quality in the time we had.
18 ) Turning 25 was a terrible experience for me. My dear friends threw me a party (a wonderful one at that) and yet I was in a funk the whole night… in fact that funk lasted most of that year. However, as I creep up on 30, that idea doesn’t bother me in the least.
19) On the same note, I am EXCITED for my 31st birthday. The date will be 11/11/11. I honestly don’t care if I even celebrate my 30th birthday but I am expecting a HUGE bash for my 31st (hint, hint, hint….)
20) I think that there is a good chance I was born in the “wrong” century. Often my heart resonates with things in history more than it does with the things of the present.
21) Theater production is one of my great loves. I would work on shows for free every day if it was possible. I love character development, and all of the craziness that IS theater.
22) I love to write, and even have several different ideas for books that I am working on. However, I am paralyzed by the fear that no one will care to read what I write.
23) While I have stood atop the Eiffel Tower, traversed sections of The Great Wall of China, drank from a fresh spring high in the Swiss Alps, and gazed over the Rhine River from the castle walls in Heidelberg, Germany, I have NEVER been to EITHER Disney Land OR Disney World. Sad story I know.
24) I have always been outspoken, but I think I have learned to tame myself recently. I truly want to understand other people’s thoughts and feelings on various subjects. I have come to learn that a person’s perspective is shaped by their experience, and there is nothing I can do to change that.
25) I am “anxious” to know what God has for me next… but I am working hard to revel in the gift he has given me in “the now.”